Welcome to my Concert Review Page. In the archives of this section, you will find reviews of different shows I have gone to. I have posted pictures and videos of these shows in my Eye Candy Page. Be sure to explore my pages as they all include many interesting things!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Not What I Expected.

My trip this past Saturday to Ford Amphitheatre did not turn out to be like I had originally expected.  On my way into the parking area, my first reaction was the lack of masses tailgating which I expected for a band who has been around since 1991, who has released numerous records and had a bunch of hit songs.  The show was not bad, however it would have been nice to have had the musicians show their talent individually a bit more.  I heard some of the songs I actually was really familiar with such as radio hits like Pardon MeMegalomaniac, and one of my favorites from the band Circles.  Something I have not seen in a while that the band showed me was a true acoustic set from a typically amlified band.  Bongo's and all, the acoustic set gave the show an twist I haven't seen in a good amount of time.
Lawn seating was an option I would have also liked to have seen.  Even though tickets were not unreasonably priced, I expected the lawn to be open for those people looking to buy the cheap seats.  I feel more fans would have been able to attend if the lawn had an even lower price, allowing those fans that couldn't bring themselves to spend $40 on a ticket.  All and all the night was a good night, but I wouldn't spend the money a second time unless I knew I would be attending a show with much more energy.  Much love to Incubus fans, but I'll follow a different path!  

No comments:

Post a Comment